Skip to main content

Small Business Spotlight - Pour


Meet - POUR Hot Chocolate

Our Story. | Pour Hot Chocolate


We have been working with Jared at Pour Hot Chocolate since the beginning and have always admired his journey, so we decided to do an interview with him to learn more about his background and how he got to where he is now. 


What were you doing prior to starting Pour? 

Before starting pour I was studying graphic design, I had just came back from undertaking a service project in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland for 2 years so also had a German-speaking job when I came back to Glasgow. 


What made you decide to start your own business? 

I started Pour when I was 20! I know pretty young right?! While I was in Switzerland  I came to the conclusion that the Swiss didn’t only make incredible chocolate but they loved it too! I was offered hot chocolate quite a lot but had to decline every time as the hot choco powder usually contained milk powder and having been vegan for my whole life, I couldn’t have it. So upon returning to Scotland I searched everywhere for great-tasting vegan hot chocolate but couldn’t find any, well… I could but all I could find was vegan hot choco that either tasted bad or was full of artificial flavours. I found that the perfect vegan hot chocolate didn’t exist, so I decided to make my own. 


Little did I know that people would be craving it all over the UK. Of course, I created the hot chocolate because I saw a need, but I created the business as I wanted to have a platform where I could do good. Plus I knew I was young and I could make mistakes, so I wanted it to be a learning experience:)


What are you most proud of since starting the company? 

I’m most proud of the impact I’ve made or rather other people have made but that I’ve facilitated. Planting one tree per pouch has been an extraordinary journey. To date, we have planted over 15000. 

What are your biggest challenges in starting and running a small business?

I would 10000% say knowing who to turn to if you’re on the right track if you’re doing everything right. Being 20 I didn’t know anyone in the food industry and navigating it was seemingly impossible.


Can we all just take a minute and appreciate Jared and what he has created -head over to POUR Hot Chocolate here to find out more information on their products.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Products

Let's get into the main bit of Banilla........our products.  So if you have already read the previous blogs then you will know what we are all about and why we started the company but if you have yet to read these blogs then you can find out about the people behind the business  and why we created Banilla . This blog is more focused on what you can expect from Banilla and the range of products we offer. Currently, Banilla has a various range of gift boxes in which we have partnered with a handful of amazing businesses such as; The Good Coffee Cartel , The New Chocolate Company , Glasgow Soap Company , Scottish Fine Soaps , and Edinburgh Honey Co just to name a few.  Our gift box range has a varied selection to choose from, there are ones aimed at people who love a bath to people who are foodies. Our aim is to offer affordable luxury boxes and hope to make a lasting impression in every order that is received. Did you know we make all our own soy wax candles and room sprays too? Ove

The Creation of Banilla Box

                                                            For Banilla Box, our goal was to produce something unique out of the product supplied by these small businesses in the shape of premium gift boxes.  We include a wide variety of suppliers in our boxes that we know will supply the highest quality items for us to send to a loved one or to treat yourself - all with the Banilla touch. We have a range of products from honey to bath salts which can be purchased individually on our  market place page on our website and help support our suppliers even more. Still to this day, we always have people being curious about the origins of the name, it's simple, we combined banana with vanilla to come up with the name; it's a bit of a mishmash, but it works. Funnily enough, we were on a trip to London years ago (when we didn't have a business 24/7) and James being James had his notepad and pen noting down all these business ideas and names that were sitting in his brain needing t